Karate Martial Arts in Blairgowrie & Coupar Angus. Students from all over Tayside, Perth, Perthshire, Dundee, Angus & East Scotland.
Practical Karate with the focus on Self Defence, Self Protection. Discover Self Motivation, Self Discipline, Self Confidence, Fitness, Health & Welbeing.
Karate does not only concern training of the physical body but also concerns training of the mind and helps the student to understand and explore their own character traits.
1. Jinkaku kansei ni tsutomuru koto - Seek perfection of character.
2. Makoto no michi o mamoru koto - Be sincere.
3. Doryoku no seishin o yashinau koto - Put maximum effort into everything you do.
4. Reigi o omonzuru koto - Respect others.
5. Kekki no yuu o imashimuru koto – Develop self control.
Twenty Precepts of Karate
1. Never forget: karate begins with rei and ends with rei (Rei means courtesy or respect, and is represented in karate by bowing)
2. There is no first attack in karate
3. Karate supports righteousness
4. First understand yourself, then understand others
5. The art of developing the mind is more important than the art of applying technique
6. The mind needs to be freed
7. Trouble is born of negligence
8. Do not think karate belongs only in the dojo
9. Karate training requires a lifetime
10. Transform everything into karate; therein lies its exquisiteness
12. Genuine karate is like hot water; it cools down if you do not keep on heating it
12. Do not think of winning; you must think of not losing
13. Transform yourself according to the opponent
14. The outcome of the fight depends on one's control
15. Imagine one's arms and legs as swords
16. Once you leave the shelter of home, there are a million enemies
17. Postures are for the beginner; later they are natural positions
18. Do the kata correctly; the real fight is a different matter
19. Do not forget control of the dynamics of power, the elasticity of the body and the speed of the technique
20. Always be good at the application of everything that you have learned.